Benefits of Hearing Aids
Hearing aids can dramatically improve your quality of life. Today’s high-performance hearing instruments are NOT your grandfather’s hearing aids. Thanks to new technology and streamlined design, today’s hearing instruments are powerful, sleek, and discreet.
Hearing aids allow the wearer the chance to experience a more engaging and active life by:
- Increasing speech understanding
- Allowing more participation in group settings
- Creating more awareness of surroundings
- Increased safety
- Improving ability to engage in conversation with others
- Increased confidence
- Reducing fatigue
Effects of Hearing Loss
It’s amazing how stubborn we can be. Many people continue to put off improving their hearing, despite the urging of family and friends to schedule a hearing test. And though it may seem that we can easily get by without a hearing aid, untreated hearing loss has some serious effects on the body.
Medical research has linked untreated hearing loss to:
- Irritability, negativism, and anger
- Fatigue, tension, stress, and depression
- Avoidance or withdrawal from social situations
- Social rejection, loneliness
- Reduced alertness
- Increased risk to personal safety
- Impaired memory and ability to learn new tasks
- Reduced job performance and earning power
- Diminished psychological and overall health
But you don’t have to let your hearing loss control your life. Mojave Desert Hearing Aid Center offers FREE hearing tests and FREE hearing screenings that will assess your hearing levels and diagnose the extent of your hearing loss. No matter what you dread the results will be, we’ll find a solution that works for your hearing needs and your lifestyle.
Don’t put off addressing your hearing loss for another minute. Contact us today for your free screening.